Job Title: Executive Director
Family Mediation Canada is seeking a dynamic, well informed Executive Director in the field of Family Mediation, who will, with their skill set and expertise, support the organization during a time of restructuring and renewal. Reporting to the Board of Directors, this position is 100% remote, will be half-time, and may become full-time in due course with the roles and responsibilities of the full-time position set out below.
This position will take on responsibility for overall management and operations of the organization:
- Champion the role of Family Mediation Canada as the gold standard of National certification for mediators
- To assist with the implementation of the strategic goals and directions of Family Mediation Canada
To support and grow present partnerships, programming and mediation certification
- To give direction and leadership in building the FMC Faculty
- Staff management and direction
- Financial planning, management, reporting, implementing and assisting fundraising strategies (grant applications/proposal writing) as needed
- With the Executive Committee, supporting full Board participation in their governance role
- Works remotely and reports to Board of Directors
- Board Support: Supports operations and administration of Board by advising and informing Board members, providing continuity and consistency between outgoing and incoming Presidents and Boards, and interfacing between Board and the Administrative Officer to ensure that the deliverables are produced between meetings.
- Program and Service Delivery: Oversees design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs, products and services.
- Inter-agency liaison: Establishes a sound working relationship and cooperative arrangement with governments, organizations, and services with similar goals.
- Community and Public Relations: Assures FMC and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to members and the public at large.
- Finances, Tax, and Risk Management: Assists the Treasurer and Finance Committee with the preparation of an annual budget for Board approval and prudently oversees the management of FMC’s resources within those budget guidelines, oversees the audit process and oversees the preparation and completion of all financial records and forms.
- Correspondence: Jointly with the President and Secretary of the Board of Directors, conducts official correspondence of FMC.
- Marketing: Oversees the marketing program to attract new members.
- Certification: Supports the certification process, markets the certification process both nationally and internationally, and promotes the development of this national standard for family mediators.
- Fundraising: Oversees fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administration of fundraising records and documentation.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates should have experience in:
- Fund-raising, grant proposal writing and fundraiser relations.
- Working with a membership-based organization.
- Functions effectively working remotely.
- A deep understanding of strategic planning and policy development processes.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with a keen ability to represent the organization effectively.
- Proficiency in organizational management, including staff leadership, board director relations and team building.
Advanced Mediation Certification with Family Mediation Canada, fluency in French and assisting with nonprofits carry out their fiduciary responsibilities would be considered assets.
This is initially a part-time position, averaging 20 hours per week.
$75k-$125k per year for the full-time position.
Friday, February 16, 2024. Please apply by email to [email protected].