In support of Family Mediation Canada’s and the Elder Mediation International Network’s vision toward excellence in Elder Mediation, and a quest to explore what elements are needed in Elder Mediation training to make this happen, this 20-hour series (eight sessions at 2.5 hours per session) will focus on the actual experience and topics that participants require as they work towards achieving the prestigious Elder Mediation Certification.
(Please double check all the dates)
Mondays — May 2, 9, 16 & 23, 2022, 5:30 – 8:00pm (Eastern Time)
Wednesdays — May 4, 11, 18 & 25, 2022, 5:30 – 8:00pm (Eastern Time)
Please note the following:
- This course will be delivered online using the Zoom platform with login details made available prior to the event.
- Participants will receive a PDF handout of the PowerPoint slides.
- Credit breakdown toward Elder Mediation certification hours will be provided upon completion.
Upon completion of this series, participants should be able to:
- Identify the elements of a meaningful Elder Mediation experience.
- Manage an entire Elder Mediation case where abuse is present.
- Practice curiosity, reframe, equanimity and the naming of doubt.
- Have heightened confidence in high conflict situations.
- Recognize the importance of timing and awareness of multiple ques.
- Analysis of actual Elder Mediation cases including what works, what might work and what doesn’t work.
- Identify personal skill sets, attributes, and strengths along with areas needing further development.
About the Trainer Judy M. Beranger, M.A. (Honors), CFM Advanced, Cert.EM Advanced is recognized as a world leader in the field of Elder Mediation. She is an inspiring and knowledgeable trainer and was the drafter of the Code of Ethics for Elder Mediators internationally. She has been involved with every subsequent update and helped write an additional supporting document: Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults. Judy developed the entire Elder Mediation Certification framework and process for Elder Mediators and did so over a two-year period with input from hundreds of people from a variety of countries along with FMC, other organizations, networks, and Societies. Judy is President of FMC and a past-President of EMIN.
Fee 20 hours; 8 sessions @ 2.5 hours each
FMC/EMIN Members $750CAD Non-Members $850CAD (no tax)