In support of Family Mediation Canada’s and the Elder Mediation International Network’s vision toward excellence in Elder Mediation, and a quest to explore what elements are needed in EM training to make this happen, this 20-hour series (eight sessions at 2.5 hours per session) will focus on the actual experience and topics that participants require as they work towards achieving the prestigious National FMC Elder Mediation Certification.
Scheduling of Sessions
Mondays: January 17th, 24th, 31st, Feb. 7th, 2022, 5:30 – 8:00pm (Eastern Time)
Wednesdays: January 12th, 19th, 26th & February 2nd, 2022, 5:30 – 8:00pm (Eastern Time)
Please note the following:
- This course will be delivered online using the Zoom platform with login details made available to registered participants at least 1 day prior to the event.
- Participants will receive a PDF handout of the PowerPoint slides, and a PDF certificate of attendance.
- Credit breakdown toward Elder Mediation certification hours will be provided upon completion.
- Attendance at this webinar training series – four spots
Upon completion of this series, participants should be able to:
- Identify the elements of a meaningful Elder Mediation experience
- Manage an entire Elder Mediation case where abuse is present.
- Practice curiosity, reframe, equanimity and the naming of doubt
- Have heightened confidence in high conflict situations
- Recognize the importance of timing and awareness of multiple ques
- Analysis of actual Elder Mediation cases including what works, what might work & what doesn’t work
- Identify personal skill sets, attributes, and strengths along with areas needing further development.
About the Trainer – Judy M. Beranger, M.A. (Honors), CFM Advanced, Cert.EM Advanced
Judy M. Beranger is recognized as a world leader in the field of Elder Mediation. She is an inspiring and knowledgeable trainer and was the drafter of the Code of Ethics for Elder Mediators internationally. She has been involved with every subsequent update and assisted in writing an additional supporting document: Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults. Judy was hired to develop the entire Certification framework and process for Elder Mediators and did so with input from hundreds of people from a variety of countries along with FMC, other organizations, networks, and Societies. Judy is a Past President of Family Mediation Canada and Elder Mediation International Network and has chaired ten World Summits on Elder Mediation.
FMC Members only: Family Mediation Canada Training New Years Special $400.00
To register, send us this form by email to [email protected]>>> Jan 2022 Elder Mediation 20 hour fillable